Friday 6 February 2009

Shameless nostalgia

...and shamelessly stolen from someone else's link, but I thought it was too good not to share. What with all the talk of snow and transport chaos, it was lovely to see Geoffrey Jones's fantastic short for British Transport Films; Snow. For those of a certain age there's an element of nostalgia, but it's also a fabulous piece of film-making, and praise be to the BFI for making it available.


And all done on 35mm film, too.
There's more about it here.

1 comment:

  1. When I get a moment I will fish out a picture of Dent Station under snow. The catch fencing to try to stop the drifts is still in place in parts,although vanishing slowly as time takes its toll.

    Dent Stationmaster's house is available for holiday lets now, 'double' glazing and all. At one time the exterior was sprayed with water in order that it could freeze and provide insulation.

    I'll get me anorak...

    ReplyDelete